Sales Tax Holiday Dates
In 2022, the sales tax holiday will be on:
- Saturday, August 13 and
- Sunday, August 14.
Do you qualify?
The sales tax holiday applies only to retail items bought for personal use by individuals.
What remains taxable?
- Purchases by corporations or other businesses
- Purchases by individuals for business use.
What retail items do not qualify for the sales tax holiday exemption?
The following items are still taxable and do not qualify for the sales tax holiday exemption:
- Motor vehicles
- Telecommunications services
- Tobacco products
- Marijuana or marijuana products
- Alcoholic beverages, and
- Any single item whose price is more than $2,500.